How do you wash your makeup brushes?
There are a couple of ways to wash your makeup brushes.
I use a solution of water and alcohol – make it half and half – swish my brushes in this solution, shake and lay out on paper towels or a clean white towel to dry.
Another way to wash your makeup brushes
- Run the bristles of your brush under a running faucet, or swish them around in a cup of water.
- Pour some shampoo or Dawn in the palm of your hand. Grab a brush and swish it around in the soap.
- Rinse until you no longer see soap coming from the brush.
- Dry on a towel or paper towel to dry.
Other tips to wash your makeup brushes:
- Try using your facial cleanser to wash your brushes
- Use baby shampoo instead of regular shampoo
- Use a blow dryer to partially dry your brushes – use the cool setting.
- I hear using a mix of olive oil and baby shampoo will get all the really grody stuff out of your brushes. I haven’t tried it and you would need to make sure your brushes are rinsed well if you try this method. Maybe try it on one brush first!